FASHION POPULAR

Trying to find My Style

31st January 2017
my style

You might have seen on my twitter, that I’m saving up to buy myself a new bag for my 25th birthday. Gucci was my first thought, their bags are everywhere at the moment and they were definitely the ‘it’ brand of 2016. I’m looking for a replacement of the very tatty Berskha shoulder/ cross body bag I currently wear everywhere, so it needs to be practical and versatile. I called into Harvey Nichols recently and fell in love with the Gucci GG Marmont Cross Body bag. It’s so simple and classic and exactly that I’m looking for. Obviously price does come into account when I’m  thinking about spending £800 on a handbag (my parents think I’m crazy), and I need to really explore all of the options before I take the plunge and treat myself. I’ve already got a Mulberry Bayswater in Tan, that I got from my very generous parents for my 21st. After a lot of begging and pleading my case, they finally caved, and I’m so glad they did. I wear it all the time, it goes with every outfit and I hope to have it for the rest of my life.

That does give me great confidence that I’ll actually use the new designer bag, but I need to make sure that, whichever bag I get, it’s my style.

I’m having a mini internal crisis at the moment when it comes to my style, I’m in a huge rut of wearing a pair of jeans and a jumper. I know Winter is 60% to blame for that, but I think that being able to wear ‘everyday’ clothes to work is the other 40%. It means that a lot of my wardrobe is there for comfort and there to just ‘throw on’, I can’t remember the last time I used one side of my wardobe – the ‘going out’ side. Even when I do go out, I’ wear jeans and a blouse/ top, and I’m really bored of constantly wearing the same thing.

I definitely have enough clothes (I’ve filled 2 tripple wardrobes and 2 chest of drawers…), but I don’t think I have the right clothes. I’m planning a huge cull of the pieces I don’t wear in my wardrobe, I’ll definitely need some moral support, so if anyone wants to help, please let me know (I’ll fill you with biscuits and pizza)!

I see sooo many stylish ladies in the blogging world, and am always jealous of how effortless and chic their outfits look. That’s definitely something I already do – I don’t make an effort, but mine really shows! It’s hard, because I do indentify partly as a ‘fashion blogger’, but I lack the confidence in my own outfits – that’s why you see a lot of wishlists/ favourite lists instead of those cute outfit shots and it’s really something I want to change.

I’m constantly looking at clothes, whether it’s on those super stylish bloggers, online/physical shopping or in the magazines I can’t stop buying. I’m not 100% sure of the direction I want to take my style, but I hope it will make me feel more confident in myself, and be able to create the outfits I want to be seen in, rather than those ‘throw on’ ones that I’m a bit embarassed by. I’m spending a lot more time on Pinterest, trying to find outfit inspiration, outfits that are easy to recreate and simple to style up. I wear a lot of black, and I love all black outfits, so I think this might be a good place to start. I’m drawn towards black bags, they’re classic, versatile and make any outfit look instantly smarter. I really think accessories bring together your wardrobe, so my hunt for the perfect shoulder/ cross body designer bag continues!

Here are a few of my current favourites, if you have any of them, I’d love to know your thoughts!

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  • Reply Georgie 31st January 2017 at 3:24 pm

    I know what you mean about having a crisis when it comes to finding your individual style. I am 27years old and I “think” I have finally found mine. But then it will change next season. I think I like trying out too many different trends to find “my style”. I have friends that will say “thats very you…” and I don’t know how they know but I don’t? haha. It is definitely changing everyday.

    Georgie
    xoxo

    TheLipstickDaily

    • Reply zoeoliviablog 1st February 2017 at 10:54 am

      Yeah, I know what you mean, it’s hard to try to transfer your style across the seasons! I guess you see yourself differently to other people, it’s good that they can recognise something as your style though.

      x

  • Reply Erin Russell 31st January 2017 at 11:30 am

    I understand the obsession with the Gucci Marmont bag, I really really want the yellow one, so so bad!! But I need to win the lottery first lol

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    • Reply zoeoliviablog 31st January 2017 at 2:38 pm

      I love them, I just need to work out which is the best option for me, I really love the 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag too, that’s a serious contender! x

    Leave a Reply